October is here! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are on the menu! Fall is here! Okay, well San Diego’s version of fall : ) And fall has always been my favorite season. It kicks off with my older daughters birthday and leads into the most wonderful and magical holidays of the year!
So a couple years ago I started bringing these fun little mummy juice boxes to my daughter’s Halloween parties. They were quite a hit! I’m not sure how much longer they’ll be “cool” as my girls get older, but I think I’ve still got a good few years before we get to that “no, mom, don’t make those!” stage : )
To make them, I used a few rolls of masking tape, some copy paper, tape, glue and googly eyes.
1. Remove the straws from each box, leaving the straws wrapped in the plastic if possible, and place them all together in a plastic cup. You can wrap the plastic cup into a mummy as well!
2. Use copy paper to cover the juice boxes since the masking tape is rather thin and the juice box packaging will show thru the tape. When I originally read about the idea, the author used white electricians tape. Trust me – it’s way cheaper to use the copy paper and masking tape : ) I just trimmed a piece of copy paper to wrap around the juice box, not worrying about the top or bottoms showing, and used a little tape to keep it in place.
3. Add a few pieces of masking tape to cover the top of the box, but be sure to leave on open, non-taped space where the juice box opening for the straw is located.
4. Start wrapping the juice box with the masking tape from the bottom working up, adding a little angle and slant with each loop around the box, all the way to the top. Be sure to overlap the tape a touch – just like a mummy would have overlapping wrapping.
5. Glue on googly eyes, about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up on the box (or if you can find them with the sticky backs, then save yourself a step with the glue). Add another layer of tape, angling the tape the opposite direction of how the box was wrapped, about 2 to 3 loops, and cover the eyes just a tad to secure them and to give it that real “mummy” look.
That’s it! Five easy steps and you’ve got kid-friendly, yummy mummy juice boxes ready for your favorite little ones! Be sure to Pin this so you don’t forget how to make them… Halloween and spooky parties will be here before you know it!
As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day!