Last summer, my husband taught our first born daughter the beauty and fun of boogie boarding! She took to it like a fish to water. This summer was no different — she’s quite confident and hard to stop out on the waves!
When I was pulling the photos I wanted to document, I kept getting pulled into the waves in the photos, and the layers in the ocean. Layers… Perfect!! Decision made to incorporate lots of layers into my layout and for the paper to play up the idea of waves. Here are a few ways I did just that, and added layers to my layout (all products linked at end of post):
1. Making Waves: I used an edging tool from Creative Memories, Distress Inks and Blending Tools to create the background paper. I made three “waves” in the same color, just moved the edging tool down and offset the curve of the wave!
2. Adding Splash: In order to create even more of a water effect, I decided to add Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste over one of my new favorite Dylusions stencils – yum! I love the way it looks!
3. Clear like Water: This was a perfect opportunity to use up some recently purchased transparencies on my layout! The “Here and Now” was actually on a 3×4″ pocket page card, but I just trimmed it to fit my space. A few dots of Glossy Accents adhered those to my page without too much glue peeking through.
4. Words on Water: Journaling on vellum helped keep the look translucent, and adding a little motion to the words continued the feel of rolling waves!
5. Water Bubbles: And a few finishing touches of clear sequins tied in the water feel with a little sparkle!
Truth be told, I LOVE the creative outlet of creating scrapbook pages. But ultimately, I do these pages so my daughters know their story, our lives and how much they are always loved ❤
What do you think about the new Make It Monday series? I hope you’re enjoying it as much as I am and that you’re checking out my creative and crafty friends blog posts, too! These girls are amazingly creative and their blogs are full of fresh ideas, techniques and inspiration!
You may have come from my sweet friend Gina at Messtaken Identity – she makes upcycling approachable and adds such an artsy touch to things so many of us overlook. If you didn’t come from her post about creating a teacher gift tag, be sure to circle back and check it out! But first, head on over to my friend Kristie at Artful Adventures to check out her watercolor technique using ink. I can’t wait to see what Kristie has in store for us! Her artistic flair and easy approach are definitely inspiring!
And last but not least, I have to point out the amazing event coming up in less than two weeks: True Scrap 6!! The inspiration, the community, the instructors, the content, the chat… it all gets rolled up into one AMAZING day of crafty goodness! If you’re at all interested in learning more techniques, tips, getting to know and interact with amazing industry leaders, you MUST check out True Scrap 6!! Click here to find out more about the classes and instructors! I’m already signed up and hope to “see” you there!! Use coupon code “HERO” to save $20 off registration!!
As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day! Make sure not to miss any future posts by signing up for the Clicky Chick Creates email list here! You’ll get a great little freebie download as my thank you!
P R O D U C T S U S E D (Affiliate Links)