The MOMs group I belong to at church hosts an annual Oscars Party. We usually have a theme, like “PJ’s and Pigtails” or “Red Carpet” and we always have a potluck. We’ll bring appetizers, desserts or beverages to share. This year, I planned to make it easy and just bring some wine. But then inspiration hit and I decided to use some of my pretty cardstock (that I have mountains of!) to make party cones. Costco sells this amazing popcorn mix of caramel and cheddar popcorn; it’s G.H Cretors Chicago Mix. I figured that would be the perfect filler!
To make the cones, it took just a few easy steps:
- Select 8-1/2″ x 11″ patterned cardstock – (1) sheet / cone
- Lightly draw or trace a circle along top edge (I used pie dish)
- Cut along marked line
- Run a strip of double sided tape along bottom edge
- Take top right (rounded) corner and roll toward bottom left corner, shaping and creating cone along the way
- Fill with popcorn or other delicious treats.
These are great for any party – just choose your paper to compliment your event theme and/or color scheme! These are even fun to make just for your family on movie night!
Thanks for stopping by and have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day!