We’re more than halfway through LOAD214, a fantastic month long challenge of creating a layout a day. The prompts that Lain Ehmann and her team send out are fantastic, thought provoking and always a great way to document many of our photos and stories.
I’ve taken part in many LOADs since 2011, and occasionally there is a prompt where we are challenged to create a page not using a photo. Say what? Yup, you heard it right… NO photo! The very first time I heard this prompt I was dumb-founded. Um, the reason I got into scrapbooking was to do something with the photos I was taking. All 200 million* of them!
To create a page without photos sounded so opposite of what I was hoping to accomplish, but I trusted the process and went with it. This time around was no different. About a year ago I had stumbled upon a “Life List” blog post from the creator of the Epiphanie camera bag and it stuck in my mind. Without a doubt, that post definitely inspired my layout!
My twist on it was getting my families contributions along with my own dreams. My 43 yr old hubby, my 7 yr old daughter and 4 yr old daughter – you can guess who suggested what – some might surprise you! Do you have a life list, bucket list or jar of dreams written out somewhere that you keep for easy reference and inspiration? Let me know – I’d love to hear!
As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day!
*Not really 200 million, just a mere 110,958 and growing…every.single.day. : )
So here are our dreams, in case you have a hard time reading any!
- For our girls to grow up confident, loving, strong in faith, unscathed, happy, compassionate college graduates
- Work with a charity to help build a home in Mexico
- Write a hit summer song
- Spend a holiday feeding the homeless
- Photograph the East Coast during the fall
- Buy a wardrobe I love and feel like a million bucks wearing!
- Travel into space
- Participate in a photography workshop in a foreign city
- Visit Paris
- Visit Spain
- Visit London
- Become a Ballerina-Rockstar or a Ballerina-Princess-Doctor
- Attend Summer Olympic Games
- Family road trip to Canada
- Go on a family Disney cruise
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Reunion with OB (Ocean Beach) college roomies!
- Visit Easter Island
- Visit Mayan temples
- Become an architect
- Learn to play the piano and perform at a play
- Hawaiian family vacation including authentic luau, snorkeling, leis and umbrella drinks
- Jam session with Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd)
- Swim with dolphins
- Swim with nice sharks
- Visit NYC during Christmas, ice skate at Rockefeller Center, and see a Broadway show!
- Photograph for national and international publications
- See Egyptian pyramids
- Gain financial freedom
- Make a million bucks!
- Visit Greece
- Visit Italy
- Visit the Vatican
- Create product line
- Teach at Big Picture Classes
- Be a regular Paperclipping Roundtable guest
- Perform as Jacob Marley in A Christmas Carol
- Attend big music festival as a family while girls are in college
- Go on a photo walk with Katrina Kennedy
- Perform in the Nutcracker
- Sell a million Girl Scout cookies
- Visit all 50 states
- Ride an elephant
- Be a tightrope walker and trapeze girl
- Visit Nemo in the Great Barrier Reef
- Learn to stand-up paddle board
I’m sure dreams will be added and change over the years, but I’m over the moon happy to have this little slice of life documented forever more!
P R O D U C T S U S E D (Affiliate Links)
Crate Paper Paper Pad 12″x12″ Maggie Holmes
My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found Market 6″x6″ paper pad
American Crafts Thickers Letter Stickers, Black Marquise
Inkadinkado Mason Jar Wood Stamp
Staz-On Archival Ink Pad, Jet Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
PS. I’m adding this to the Fusion Card Challenge #4 – always inspiring and such fun to play along! If you like getting crafty and sharing your creations, be sure to check it out and link up your inspired creation!