Welcome to another Make It Monday! I have a major sweet tooth and love having treats year round. But when the holidays roll around, there are wonderful seasonal flavors that make the indulgence that much sweeter!
Have you tried Hersheys Candy Cane Kisses? They are amazing! Because of my sweet tooth, I have a hard time passing up seasonal candies, but truth be told, sometimes seasonal candies are better in concept than they actually taste in my mouth! So when I tried these, I was so delighted with how yummy they were!
Friends invited us over for outdoor movie night (yes, a southern California luxury in the middle of winter!) and I had decided to bring over some Rice Krispies treats. As I started making them, I decided I would chop up some of the Candy Cane Kisses to add to the treats. WOW! I seriously can’t even tell you how yummy they came out! If you are even a tiny bit into either of these treats (Rice Krispies and candy canes), then you MUST give this recipe a try!
- 5 Tbsp butter
- one 10 oz bag (~6 cups) Jet-Puffed miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 20 to 24 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, unwrapped
- Chop up kisses into tiny pieces, set aside.
- Melt butter in large microwave safe bowl, approx 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows to butter. Toss to coat. Melt marshmallows in microwave (approximately 1-1/2 minutes), stirring every 45 seconds.
- Add Rice Krispies (2 cups at a time) to melted marshmallow mixture and stir well.
- Once all Rice Krispies are incorporated, mix in half of the chopped Candy Cane Kisses. Stir well. Incorporate remaining chopped Candy Cane Kisses.
- Place mixture into greased 13×9 baking dish. Press down and into place, filling in corners and evening out – using parchment paper and back of measuring cup helps to press down!
- Set aside and let set for a couple hours or place in refrigerator to speed up setting time.
- Cut up into one to two inch squares or use candy cane cookie cutters for shaped treats. Enjoy! Or share by place cut pieces into cupcake liners and stack in treat bag for your loved ones to enjoy, too!
What else could one need besides these delish treats? How about a gift tag to place on said treats to share with loved ones?! Here’s a quick video showing how I made a super fast (in just a few minutes!) ornament shaped gift tag using just a couple non-Christmas crafty supplies! Watch the video to see how you can easily make your tags!
Did you get here from Karen at Photos Kept Alive? She always has such great insights and tips on making the most of our photos! Don’t forget to continue the Make It Monday Circle and head on over to my crafty and generous friend Jen at Jen Wright Design. She has a freebie for you as she counts down to Christmas!
As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day! Happy holidays!
PS. Are you in Southern California and looking to capture beautiful images of your family? Head on over to my Styling and Investment page to find out more and get in touch to schedule your 2015 session!