I’m thrilled to share some pretty exciting news with you… I’m part of the Top Dog Dies Fall Design Team! Woohoo! So yes, expect to see lots more crafty posts using the adorable Top Dog Dies. Seriously. Super. Adorable. ❤
Besides the amazing dies, the team I’ve joined is totally top-notch. I’m so proud to be part of this team and can’t wait to get to know these girls better! Check them out on their blogs:
So with that news, I’ll also be posting Make It Monday creations much more regularly! Can I get a woot-woot?!
Let’s kick off July with these fun cards featuring the Top Dog Dies Palm Tree Die Set. Being in California, we have plenty of palm trees, and I certainly love photographing them. But I hadn’t made any cards incorporating them. When I received this die set, I immediately envisioned a beautiful sunset with the silhouette of the palm tree. I think it turned out pretty cute! What do you think? And the bonus was getting the TDD Water Die Set which I loved incorporating, too!
Here are the steps I took to make the card (product / affiliate links are listed at the bottom of this post):
1. Die cut Palm Tree Die Set and Water Die Set using black card stock.
2. Created card base for 5″ x 6.5″ card – cut white card stock to 10″ by 6.5″ – scored and folded at 5″ on the long side – set aside.
3. Cut a piece of white card stock to 4.75″ x 6.25″. Used 1/2″ corner rounder on bottom two edges of both card base and slightly smaller card stock piece.
4. Using a blending tool and Tim Holtz Distress Inks, I created the sunset sky background on the 4.75″ x 6.25″ piece of card stock. Starting at the bottom and gently blending in approximately 4 even areas of colors, starting with Spiced Marmalade.
5. Continued blending of colors with Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves..
6. Heat set inked card stock in order to ensure ink was dry.
7. Using VersaMark Ink, stamped the sentiment, added white embossing powder and heat set.
8. Glued all die cut pieces onto card, being sure to also corner round the water die cut, and swirled a bit of Wink of Stella glitter across the water die cut on the bottom of the card.
My second card was a bit easier as it really only involved die cutting the Palm Tree Set bits and pieces from a few different papers, most of them scraps that I just hadn’t parted with quite yet!
Again I used VersaMark ink and white embossing powder for the sentiments, on pink scrap paper and trimmed them for cute word blocks. My favorite part of this card? The open coconut! How cute is that?! Which card do you prefer?
I love this die set and have a third card, but you’ll have to wait for that one. It’s a shaker card and I’ll be sharing that on the Top Dog Dies blog later this month!
As always, thanks for stopping by my little colorful spot on the web! Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day! Make sure not to miss any future posts by signing up for the Clicky Chick Creates email list here! You’ll get a great little freebie download as my thank you. What’s the freebie? My go-to shot list: 7-must get photos for kid birthdays!
P R O D U C T S U S E D // AFFILIATE LINKS
9 responses to “Make It Monday // Top Dog Dies Palm Trees”
I love this post the cards are really creative and look so good! I’d love you to check out my blog and follow if you like it if you wouldn’t mind! xx
Thanks so much! Congrats on starting your blog!
WOW! I can’t tell you how much I loved this project! VERY creative, I’m following you 🙂
and I’d really like it if you could visit my blog at https://diyinadorm.wordpress.com and tell me what do you think
Hi Sahar! Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind words! YOU are amazingly creative! I can’t wait to see more from you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot, that means so much to me 🙂
Well done! Very professional. I love the listing and pix of the design team. Nice touch to link the others’ blogs. Your on your way Hanks! On Jul 6, 2015 12:09 AM, “Clicky Chick Creates” wrote:
> Connie Hanks – ClickyChickCreates.com posted: “I’m thrilled to share > some pretty exciting news with you… I’m part of the Top Dog Dies Fall > Design Team! Woohoo! So yes, expect to see lots more crafty posts using the > adorable Top Dog Dies. Seriously. Super. Adorable. d”
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing all your projects.
Thanks so much for your support, Dietra ❤