About Connie & Say Hello!

1081947_10151591443583663_2024024471_n-Edit-square

Photograph by Luciane Steiner

Life continues to take me on an amazing journey. I’m a mommy, wife, photographer, scrapbooker, crafter, volunteer-extraordinaire and child of God who never outgrew seeing the world as colorful as a fresh box of Crayola crayons! I’m blessed to live with my “4-family” in beautiful San Diego, California with my loving husband Steve with whom I fell madly in love with at just 19 years old (many, many moons ago!), and my 7- and 5-year-old daughters that you will see are the stars of most of my photographs and scrapbook pages. I love to dream, travel, play with my daughters, sing while my hubby plays guitar and rarely miss an opportunity to be behind the lens when I’m with family and friends. No matter what title I might bear, or what hat I wear, I am a creative soul to my core. I love writing my memories, my stories to share, pairing them with photos and getting inky, dirty-fingers creating layouts, cards and anything crafty. I am creative. Behind the lens. At my desk. In the kitchen. With my daughters. It all makes me a happy, blessed, grateful wife and mama ❤

I started Clicky Chick Creates in 2013 as a way to share my colorful view of the world in photography and crafts. In 2014 I began sprinkling in lots of creative tips and tutorials. I hope you enjoy my creations and join my mailing list so you don’t miss a single colorful adventure!

2014-01-26_9698-Edit_SubscribeHere-2

Hello there! Need to Contact Me?

Whether you’re interested in scheduling a photo session or have a photography questions or need help getting crafty, please feel free to contact me here. Have a blessed day!

Award-Free Blog

123 thoughts on “About Connie & Say Hello!

1. Kongo says:

Thanks for following Kongo, Connie. It’s always nice to come across others from San Diego and I enjoy you photo. Like you, Kongo also enjoys taking pictures and writing stories about them. Maybe we’ll cross paths on a photo shoot someday soon!

2. hereisandrea says:

Very nice to meet you Connie and such a lovely site you have here. Thank you for having a look around my blog and for following…following you back!
    Have a beautiful day 🙂
    ~Andrea

3. Angeline M says:

Thanks for following my blog. I’ve already enjoyed your post on Lightroom, that caught my eye. After editing with PicMonkey for a couple of years, I’m thinking it’s time for me to graduate 🙂 Thanks!

• Connie Hanks - ClickyChickCreates.com says:

You’re totally going to love it! Best decision I made! My tip to you: take your time importing and setting up your catalog, adding keywords is key to managing all those files! Tons of tutorials online on setting up, then just play and have fun editing! Presets are the best : ) Let me know if you need any help navigating!

4. Becky says:

Connie,
    It’s so great to have you join me on my journey! I’m so glad you made the decision to follow me through this crazy thing called “life”! I love it that we have San Diego in common! It’s so cool to see pictures from my home city! Looking forward to seeing more of your journey!
    Thanks again – have a wonderful week!
    Becky

5. fgassette says:

Welcome! Thank you for subscribing to follow my blog. I hope you are encouraged, inspired and enjoy the photos I take of life’s events as seen through the lens of my camera.
    BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

6. Alison says:

Hi Connie, nice to meet you. I’ve been travelling around your site. What a wonderfully diverse and eclectic blog you have, with photography as a constant, and your enthusiasm at its core. Brava!
    Thank you for visiting and following our blog. I hope you enjoy the ongoing stories of our journey, both inner and outer.
    Blessings
    Alison

7. Patti Ross says:

Your visit to my blog led me back to you. What a treat! Your love of creating in all you do matches the caring that is evident in your postings and perspective. Thanks for stopping by.

8. cooesncuddles says:

hi Connie,
    I can relate to u in a lot of ways…Coz after reading ur blog I feel there s another person out there in this world who feels exactly the same way…I guess while reading ur posts and stories and looking at ur crafts and photos…i felt like saying ‘exactly my point’ so many time…Its amazing….
    u r awesome…

9. ivyon says:

Hehe, I read “WHERE PHOTOGRAPHY AND CRAFTING COME TO PLAY!” and in that second I knew I was coming to the “about me” page 😀 I too tend to post mostly those two, but when you’re creative as you already know, there are no boundaries… 😀

10. Pete says:

Thanks for visiting, your blog is right up my street, crafts and photography I love them both. I have a condition that finds me depressed and your blog has helped me break the downward spiral I have found myself in today, if you ever needed a reason to carry on then bringing me up and giving me ideas and the strength to move forward.

11. searchingforsubstance says:

ooh i’m excited to come across your blog. i used to scrap regularly in college but since then have lost inspiration and time, but mostly inspiration after “simple scrapbooks” went out of print =( so i’m super excited to begin subscribing to your blog, look forward to your posts!

• Connie Hanks - ClickyChickCreates.com says:

Oh my gosh Soapie, you just made my day! Thanks so much for your sweet comments – I hope you find inspiration in my crafty posts and come back to the fun and creative scrappy world : ) PS. Your writing is so eloquent and strong, beautiful and melodic. I look forward to reading more of your posts! So glad our paths have crossed!