ClickyChickCreates.com // It Had to Be You (wedding song) scrapbook layout using black and white photo with black, cream, red, teal patterned papers, banner embellishments

Soundtrack of Your Life {Feeling Crafty}

We all have them… those songs that leave a footprint on your heart; they take you back in time; they put a smile on your face; they make you get up and dance; maybe they even bring a tear to your eye (hopefully joyful tears). Whatever it is, those songs, yes, THOSE songs, are the soundtrack of our lives.

Have you ever scrapbooked those songs? Shared why they’re so meaningful? Or even about the lyrics you were certain said something completely different than what they were? Or the people you think of that you shared a special moment in time with that song? Road trip music? Prom music? Wedding music? How about the mix tapes that were so amazing to receive from friends, boyfriends or girlfriends! So many reasons to scrapbook those songs!

Being part of LOAD514 (Layout a day) this month (especially as a featured designer / scrapper), I just can’t tell you how great it feels to get these stories told! Once we finally decided on “It Had to be You” by Harry Connick Jr., my hubby was such a great sport agreeing to take dance lessons. After a false start on the dance floor, our DJ finally got the music right and we did our dance! Poor hubby, nervous as he was, I think he was counting the steps the entire dance, but he did great!

So what’s on your soundtrack? I’d love to hear about it, so leave me a comment!

To check out more of my scrapbook layouts and other crafty creations click here.

And if you want to stroll down memory lane with me, here’s Harry Connick Jr with his smooth voice and retro swagger belting out It Had To Be You!!

As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a joyful, creative, blessing filled day!
Live creatively!
xoxo,
/c

12 thoughts on “Soundtrack of Your Life {Feeling Crafty}

1. Julie says:

Remember that day, it was beautiful! Steve did a great job and all the music you picked had so much meaning…love you guys.

2. Thewitch says:

You to me are Everything by The Real Thing. Not my normal type of music but my Torn Apart sang it to me in the middle of a very crowded bar when I was sixteen and he was 21, when he was trying to woo me back after a huge argument!!

• Thewitch says:

It was an amazing moment!! And very brave given that he was the only soldier in a bar full of sailors! How could I resist?! Everyone cheered at the end of it!! I have it as my alarm tone, because that way I wake up smiling!!

3. KreativeKymona says:

Connie, beautiful!!! Oh this post brings back many memories for me. Some good and some bad. The best memory for me goes with a Shania Twain song called Always and Forever. I was dating this guy and every time we got into the car, that song would play. Not really paying attention to it at first, but after awhile both of us realized it. We started listening to the words of that song and agreed that was how we felt about each other. Oh we loved to hear that song on the radio. I bought the CD and we listen to it everyday!! That was 9 years ago. He past away three days after we found out we were having a baby. Oh how, I miss him. My daughter is a splitting image of him and when I miss him I play the same CD and her and I sing it together. The song was somewhat right, I would have a part of him always and forever, my daughter! Thanks for this post today! It made my heart flutter to think of him. I need to scrapbook this, lol!

• Connie Hanks - ClickyChickCreates.com says:

Oh my goodness Kymona! Thank you so much for sharing such a special and intimate song memory. You have me in tears! I love that you and your daughter sing it and that it gives you that special connection to him. I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine how hard that’s been raising your girl. Seriously – I can’t thank you enough for commenting – glad my post gave you good memories and thinking of that song and him made your heart flutter! Your comment made my day ❤

4. k9studiophotography says:

Lovely just lovely, what a wonderful post and yes I have my song just not to sharing with someone (no marred just say the reason) but I hope I can find that special someone to share that song that brings so much joy to my heart. Back to your post I loved that you scrapbooked all those feelings and photos so you can have it for the future to see :0)

5. GinaZee says:

I have a favorite song that I apparently like so much I have scrapped it twice. During two different LOAD challenges. It is Lean on Me my favorite version is by the Tempatations.

So, whatcha thinkin'?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s